The Geek Nights crew had girlfriends... at least we think so.
The problems in the anime dating scene:
- Big Age Gap between Sailor Moon/Pokemon girls (ages 14-17) fans and Akira/Starblazers guys (25-35).
- In college geek clubs, males outnumber females. (Inherent shortage of geeky girls.) Usually only one third are girls.
- Long Distance Relationships are CRAP.
- If you date all the geeks you know, (all two) you risk making those guys enemies.
Tapes Noah gave Erin when they started dating:
Things that Erin was looking for in a boyfriend which Noah fulfilled and is why we are like, totally meant for each other:
Now that Doctor Who is back, a lot more people who are my age like it, but in 1996 to 2001, Doctor Who had been off the airwaves in most places in the States, and a lot of guys who liked it were closer to thirty, and I was 17-22.
What was Noah looking for:
- Returns his calls
How to meet girls: Teach them to play Dungeons & Dragons
Erin's guy-meeting technique: Ask them out, and risk embarrassment. Be very clear that you are asking them on a date.
Noah's technique on meeting girls: Seem somewhat pathetic, but not too pathetic, then impress them somehow. Eventually, start making physical contact and gradually test the boundaries. Don't send out anti-girl rays like Daryl Surat.
- Arada's podcast: Randomness
- Anime World Order - You can still win a date with Daryl Surat! Email us: Ninjaconsultant @ gmail.com
- Episode 1.3 Guns and Gossip