Ninja Consultant Podcast Show #003 Part B
Show #003, Part B of C
Note that I've divided our road trip recording into three parts, so this is now part B of C. There's more Otakon coverage to come, and in an upcoming show I'll play all the parts of the Otakugeneration
show(s) where they make fun of me.
Also take our T-Shirt Poll
if you haven't yet.
Noah's Show NotesBasics of EditingTheme from BewitchedUY Season 1 OpeningTheme from I Dream of Jeannie
You can try this at home kids! I guess I shouldn't have said it syncs "perfectly" becuase it does require some set up. If you start the theme about 32 seconds in it should sync fairly well. The opening continues for about five seconds after the theme concludes, but, you know, just ignore that.U2 Mysterious WaysSailor Moon Season 2
- Look, that might not be the right opening. I'm not going to lie to you. Used to be, on the interweb, you couldn't click a link without stumbling over a Sailor Moon opening. Now, I can't find one. Except for this stupid RealMedia file. And let's face it. RealMedia sucks.Golden Boy
, Bicycle Race
by Queen, and the Golden Boy Bicycle Race AMV
which is available for download. I hope this is the right one. Also Noah is wrong in what he says about it, and I'm right - we re-watched the scene from Golden Boy as soom as we got home to make sure.[EDIT:
the real Bicycle Race Video is here
. Or the entry for it is - you can't actually download it. But you'll notice that the editor stresses that he DID edit the video, so Noah is still wrong.]Definition of Folk Art
- That's not the definition I would use, but its the best definition I could find. Certainly, the term 'folk art' applies not only to drawing and painting, but any kind of artistic medium imaginable. Subway graffiti, self-made punk clothing, garage band flyers and even comic books cranked out by ten-year-olds all qualify as folk art. As far as we're concerned, anime music videos fall into this category as well.
Amazon review of Golden Boy - I couldn't find the review Erin was talking about. All the Amazon reviews I found were really positive! Super Deformed
We met Ninja Cracker
at Otakon, and it turned out we used up all his bandwidth for the month, which he didn't seem to mind. So in a few days you might be able to download the video we're reviewing here. It might be on the org
as well but I'm not sure.Lyrics to Future Girls
Sailor Moon - Transformation Sequences - I was going to find a bunch of transformation sequences, but let's face it: we've all seen these hundreds of times. Also, I couldn't find any (although I'm sure they're out there somewhere).VLC PlayerKraft cheese
- Actually, I don't like Kraft cheese that much at all. However, Erin and I both eat many, many delicious types of delicious delicious cheeses. Rather than provide a hypothetical list, here's a link to Maggie's Cheese BlogLondo Mollari
- From Babylon 5. Matt had a Londo action figure he was very proud of, but left it in Michigan (or packed it in the trunk, I dunno). Maggie could've totally out-cooled the girl if she'd had a Londo action figure.5UX0RSTFU N00BJay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- After the podcast Erin reliably informed me that indeed no part of the movie; no, not even the monkey, was funny. I'm sure she's correct.
Comment on this show.