Noah is noticeably absent from part 1 of this show, but rest assured he has a very long opinion on the issue by the time we reach part three.
Otakon - it's an anime convention held in Baltimore, Maryland. It's the biggest one on the East Coast, and either the 1st or 2nd biggest in the U.S.
- Otakon's Official Artist Alley Rules for 2006.
- The Preliminary Rules and The Giant Otakon Thread
- The Giant ANN Thread Regarding the Preliminary Rules
- ZOMFG says the interweb!
- Otakon's press release in response to all the madness.
- Carl Horn is our hero!
- I don't know who shax is, but he is also teh awesome. Edit: Read this last link for a more or less incoherent explanation of what we're talking about in this show. Also I got this link wrong earlier today.
Other conventions mentioned:
- Anime Pulse EDIT: We seriously did not mean to sound quite so harsh to Anime Pulse in this show and that other show where we discussed something they said. We'll talk about this more in our Errors/Retractions show, coming soon!
- Randomization Podcast
- Fish in a Barral Podcast Noah wants to know if they've misspelled "barrel" wrong on purpose or not.
- AWO mocking WARP
- Anime 101
Can you guess where our music in this show was from? The first person to email me with the correct answer AND the first person to comment on livejournal (with the correct answer) AND the first person to leave voicemail containing the answer all get a free volume of manga (you can't win twice, one winner per mailing address). So that's three winners, total. Ms. Wildgoose, Noah, my brother, Derek, and Scott are ineligible to win (you know who you are).
Check out Alison's buttons at: